- Applicants must hold either ICorr Level 2 Cathodic Protection Technician – Buried Applications (Underground and Immersed Metallic Structures) Certificate or, where the applicant does not hold this certification, have at least 1 year approved experience and attended the Level 2 training course or satisfies the educational and experience requirements set out in ICorr QPD.
Who Should Attend
- The course and examination are in compliance with ISO 15257:2017 and are suitable for candidates with the requisite qualifying experience.
The course is suitable for those who took the Level 2 training course and those who merely require an appreciation of the cathodic protection of Buried Applications (Underground and Immersed Metallic Structures) at this higher level without pursuing certification.
- CP general principles and specific applications in soils and waters.
- CP measurement techniques;
- Protection against corrosion by stray current from direct current systems;
- Interference alternating current and direct current.
- Touch potentials
- Buried onshore pipelines.
- Sections of onshore pipelines crossing rivers, lakes or short lengths of sea
- Landfalls of offshore pipelines protected by an onshore CP system
- Buried tanks.
- Bottoms (external side) of above-ground tanks
- Complex structures
- Well casings
- Buried plant modules.
The following topics are relevant to this application sector:
This application sector includes, for example, the following:
The topics of this course are fully set out and described in ISO 15257 Clause 6. The rules governing training, examination and certification are set out in ICorr QPD.